Joanna posted on 26th Nov 2017
Meet Joanna, our studio owner and director and head instructor in both Pilates and Pole.
Joanna started Core Pilates in 2003 and it has grown into the beautiful studio (both physically and in our client base) we have today.
Joanna is a Professional Pilates practitioner and member of the Australian Pilates Method Association, an X-Pole Australia ambassador and multi award winning pole dancer both in Australia and internationally.
She loves to share not only her passion for Pilates and pole dancing but has a keen eye for detail and loves to find ways to help each person find their optimal functional movement patterns and body awareness and to safely progress and challenge each student on an individual level, She regularly attends a variety of workshops to be constantly kept up to date with new & relevant information & gets excited when she sees improvement in her client’s’ bodies, movements & quality of life.
Some of her notable pole dancing titles include:
- WINNER 2013 Australian Pole Championships & 2nd runner up in 2012 & 2014
- ULTIMATE CHAMPION (Masters) International Pole Championships 2013 & 2015
- WINNER Pole Theatre - Professional Pole Drama 2017
- 2nd runner up Arnold Classic Pole Championship 2017 (& was picked to dance for Arnie!)
- 2nd runner up Aerial All Stars Pole Art 2015
- 2nd place Australian Pole Fitness Championships 2012 & 2013
- Grand Finalist World Pole Sports Championships London 2012
- WINNER Miss Pole Dance Western Australia 2011 & Miss Pole Dance Australia Finalist
- Australia's Got Talent Finalist 2013
- X-Pole Australia Brand Ambassador
She is a certified X-Pert Pole instructor and has judged at a state and national level as well as producing the WA Pole Championships and is very excited to have added pole classes to her studio to be able to share her love of this fantastic artform and sport.